The Bottom Line
- Very large cooking area
- Unique design
- Constructed of low quality stainless steel
- Painted body parts can be easily scratched
- Lightweight burners and internal components
- Burners rust quickly
- Five 12,000 BTU 304 stainless steel tubular burners
- 665 square inches of primary cooking space for a total grilling area of 926 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU brass capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Fully enclosed cart with side table drawer, internal propane tank mounting and fold out garbage can
- Painted steel body with 400 series stainless steel lid, front doors and other features
- Made by Brinkmann Corporation in China exclusively for Home Depot
Guide Review - Charmglow 5-Burner Gas Grill Model #810-8552-S
By reducing the stainless steel used to make this grill, Brinkmann (the maker) can offer a very large gas grill for a moderate price around $550USD (or on sale for as little as $400USD). This grill boasts 5-burners for a total maximum output of 60,000 BTUs. Add in the side burner and you are only missing the rotisserie burner and kit that's available on the similar Charmglow 5-Burner Stainless Steel with Rotisserie (Model #810-8550-s). Hint: These grills sell for the same price but this one doesn't come with the rotisserie burner. You should be able to guess which one is the better deal.
Unfortunately, the stainless steel used is low quality (400 series) stainless and the painted body can be easily scratched. This can cause issues of rusting, particularly in areas near the ocean. The burners are better quality stainless but the internal components are lightweight and may cause you problems down the road.
This isn't a good grill and you can certainly do better for this price.