The Bottom Line
- Full feature gas grill
- Porcelain coated barrier will not last
- Overall construction is of limited quality
- Five 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 628 square inches of primary cooking area for a total grilling space of 882 square inches
- 60,000 BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU cast brass side burner (brass cap style)
- 12,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Porcelain coated steel barrier
- Mixed 304 and 430 stainless steel construction
- Electronic Igniter
- Manufactured by Grand Hall for Sears
Guide Review - Kenmore 882 Square Inch Gas Grill
The Kenmore Premium stainless steel grill is actually nothing more than the stainless steel version of their line of lesser grills. Not as bad as the bottom end Char-Broil manufactured Kenmore's. All of the premium and elite grills are made by Grand Hall of China. Both Grand Hall and Sears have good reputations for support and quality, but I just can't give much recommendation for this grill. At around $550USD it should either grill better or have better features.
This grill is made from a mixture of 304 and 430 stainless steel, so it will weather better than some grills, but doesn't have a long lifespan. However the cooking grate, which Sears proudly claims to be better than just plain stainless steel are little more than stainless steel coated steel. Once this finish wears down the grates will rust. The barrier on this unit is porcelain coated steel. Again, once that coating is cracked or chipped the metal underneath will rust. The burners are of good quality tubular stainless steel and will last a long time. In fact, they have a lifetime warranty. Sears provides this warranty because they know you won't keep the grill that long due to a failure of other parts. If the rest of the grill, not covered by the warranty fails no one will come asking for replacement burners.
All in all I have to say that this grill really doesn't live up to it's price tag. There are other units out there that have better quality parts and grill better. Of course if you find it on sale, it's not that bad a grill.