The Bottom Line
- Attractive stainless steel design
- Good features for the price
- Large amounts of low quality stainless steel
- Poor overall construction with pop-rivet assembly
- Many plastic parts
- Thin metal throughout
- Four 8,750 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 589 square inches of primary grilling space for a total grilling area of 729 square inches
- 35,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU brass cap side burner under flush mounted cover
- 12,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Single electronic igniter
- Complete 430 stainless steel construction
- Plastic knobs and handle connections
- Enclosed cart
- Manufactured by Sureheat and sold exclusively through Target Stores
Guide Review - Amana 4-Burner Gas Grill Model# AM30LP
This is another stainless steel grill that looks good if you don't look deep. For around $300USD you get a four burner grill with rotisserie and side burner. The size and features are sure to make this a popular grill. Unfortunately the quality of construction and materials is lacking.
Only the burners of this grill are quality 304 stainless steel. Everything else is low quality 430 stainless steel or plastic. That means that you will have a hard time retaining the appearance of this grill. Also, much of the body and cart are made with steel pop-rivets, prone to rusting and failure. This is a grill designed to look good, but not last. In my opinion it is a shame, because this grill is designed well, just not made well.
Amana has nothing to do with the support of these grills and you can not return it to Target, the exclusive seller. If you purchase this grill and have problems you will need to contact SureHeat directly. Sureheat is a good company and has excellent support, but imagine trying to return this grill when you can't just drop it off. This grill is made in SureHeat's Chinese factory.
Sureheat has made many, better grills under different names, but this certainly isn't their best work.