The Bottom Line
- Built by Lynx Grills
- Full rotisserie system with infrared burner
- Solid stainless steel construction
- Average BTU output for the size
- Two burner configuration
- Two 22,500 BTU stainless steel burners
- 464 square inches of cooking area
- 45,000 BTU output from the main burners
- 14,500 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit
- On knob automatic electronic ignition
- Heavy, welded stainless steel cooking grates
- Stainless steel barrier
- Strong warranty from Kitchenaid
- Made in the USA by Lynx Outdoor Grills
Guide Review - Kitchenaid 27 inch Gas Grill Review
Kitchenaid has been know for its indoor kitchen equipment for decades. Now they have ventured outback with a line of outdoor kitchen appliances including refrigerators and a very nice line of gas grills made by Lynx. If you don't already know, Lynx makes some of the best gas grills on the market and these units while not in the same class are great grills. The overall construction of these completely stainless steel grills is great and with service and support from Kitchenaid it's hard to say this isn't an excellent choice.
The 27 inch unit has two 22,500 BTU stainless steel burners that proved 45,000 BTUs under a cooking area of 464 square inches. This unit also comes standard with a 14,500 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner and full rotisserie kit. Missing is the side burner, but since this unit is really intended for a custom built-in enclosure the side burner is an option, not standard. Whether you buy it as a stand alone or as an insert you do get a grill with plenty of power and great versatility. This grill is more than enough for the average user and unless you plan on grilling for large crowds, offers plenty of space.
At around $2,100USD there is a lot of competition for this grill and you should shop carefully to get what you want, but the Kitchenaid 27-inch gas grill is a one unit you should be looking at. This is a long term investment by Kitchenaid and they will be around to take care of it.