The Bottom Line
- Complete stainless steel construction
- Large cooking space
- Full function grill
- Lower quality materials and construction
- External infrared sear burner is exposed to the elements
- Limited life expectancy
- Four 12,000 BTU 304 stainless steel tubular burners
- 610 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 840 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- One 12,000 BTU infrared side burner, labeled as a sear burner
- 12,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner, with full rotisserie kit included
- Stainless steel cooking grates
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction
- Push button electronic igniter
- Stainless steel flame tamers
Guide Review - Kenmore Elite 840 Gas Grill Model 16673
This is another, big fancy grill with all the bells and whistles. This unit, built by Taiwanese importer Grand Hall, is one of the top of the line Kenmore grills (Elite Series) sold through Sears stores. Stainless steel from top to bottom this grill looks great on the showroom floor and is certain to sell well. Unfortunately this grill won't outlast virtually any of the better built, less shiny grills you can find most anywhere.
This grill gives you an external 12,000 BTU side burner, labeled with the clever name, "Searzzler". Unfortunately this unit is exposed to the elements and considering the fragile nature of infrared burners this unit may have trouble lasting more than a year or two. The grill is equipped with a full feature rotisserie system, including rear mounted 12,000 BTU infrared rotisserie burner. A good feature if you use it. You will also get lots of storage space and the versatility of a four burner gas grill.
If you insist on buying this grill make sure you get the same price that it regularly sells for and not the full price. Also get a cover and keep it clean.