The Bottom Line
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction
- Double walled hood and body
- Limited featured grill
- Low BTU output for the size
- Two burner configuration can limit grilling abilities
- Two 15,000 BTU tubular stainless steel burners
- 529 square inches of total cooking space
- 30,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- Electronic ignition
- 8mm stainless steel cooking grates
- Double walled hood and body construction
- Available on cart or head only
Guide Review - Frigidaire 26" Gas Grill (FD26LKEC) Review
A few years back the Electrolux company who owns the Frigidaire brand decided to get into the gas grill market. They contracted with Sureheat, makers of many brands of gas grills, to produce this line of gas grill. The Frigidaire grills are made in the United States or China depending on factory load. Look at the box to see where your grill was made. The Frigidaire line represents a low priced line of completely stainless steel grills (304 stainless). This unit is the smallest and sells for around $650.
The Frigidaire 26 inch gas grill is a two burner unit with no real features other than basic grilling. The overall construction for this unit is better than similarly priced grills, but since this unit has not additional features like side burners or rotisserie systems you may end up paying a lot more to get a full functional grill. While this grill is on cart it is available head only for a custom installation. Frigidaire and Electrolux are selling these grills to get into the growing outdoor kitchen market.
While this isn't a bad grill you have to know that with the two burner configuration your grilling abilities will be limited. The overall BTU output is low and the preheat times will be longer than with many units. I would only recommend this grill for someone who doesn't need a lot of cooking space and is looking for something very basic for the occasional cookout.