The Bottom Line
- Stainless steel construction throughout
- Three independently controlled main burners
- Cast Brass burners
- BTU rating a low for the size
- Very low quality stainless steel (may rust)
- Low quality construction
- No barrier
- Uneven heating
- Three 13,333 BTU cast brass burners
- 40,000 BTU from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU side burner
- Stainless steel (400 series) construction
- Electronic Ignition but only one igniter
- Stainless steel 1/4 inch rolling rod cooking grates
- 500 square inches of primary cooking area with a total of 656 square inches
- No barrier
- This grill is available exclusively through Lowe's but similar models are available elsewhere.
Guide Review - Char-Broil Commercial 40,000 BTU Stainless Steel - Discontinued
The big thing they are going to tell you about this grill on the showroom floor is that its cast brass burners have a lifetime warranty. Char-Broil has made this grill look good with all stainless steel construction. However this is low quality "400 series" stainless steel and I've have a couple people tell me that their "stainless steel" grill rusted. The construction is poor quality and aside from the burners this grill just won't last.
On the cooking side, this unit has three independently controlled cast brass burners that give you pretty good control over your grilling. But the burners are specially shaped to protect the vents from drippings and the grill has not barrier. There is nothing to distribute the heat and this grill has uneven heating (typical of Char-Broil). Furthermore the design of these burners causes grease to flow over them, clogging the jets. They will need frequent cleaning to keep them working right. The 10,000 BTU side burner is just enough to call it a side burner but the brass burner on the side is nothing more than a cap. The cooking grates are stainless steel, but again low quality and relatively small diameter on the rolling rod design surface. This grill also has silver painted plastic parts on the control panel and handle.
This grill looks great in the brochure, with all the features you might want in a gas grill. However the parts are cheap, the materials nearly worthless and the design just plain bad.