The Bottom Line
- Full function grill for under $500USD
- This grill is packed with virtually every feature imaginable
- Lightweight stainless steel burners
- Rotisserie burner included, but the rod and forks are sold separately
- Low quality 430 stainless steel
- Drip try prone to rusting
- Three 15,000 BTU 304 stainless steel tubular burners
- 550 square inches of primary grilling area for a total of 675 square inches of cooking space
- 45,000 BTU total output from main burners
- 12,000 BTU brass cap side burner
- 12,000 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner but the rotisserie kit is sold separately (about $40)
- Three position porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- 430 stainless steel, cast aluminum and steel construction
- Internal LED grill lights
- Electronic igniter
- Made by Fiesta Grills and sold in several stores most notably Home Depot
Guide Review - Fiesta Blue Ember 3-Burner Gas Grill Model #FG50069-U409
Fiesta has been making gas grills in North America for years. Typically they have produced low priced grills of good quality without a lot of extras. This grill is considerably more money than those grills but loaded with features, many of them rather unique. The three position cooking grates are similar to those used on Broilmaster grills. By turn them around and over you can change the distance between the burners and the cooking surface by a little more than two inches. Since there are three separate grates you can set up different cooking zones. Of course this could also be accomplished adjusting the burners.
This grill plugs in to power the internal LED grill light (which tends not to actually point at the grill but in front of it) and to provide power to the rotisserie motor. Mounted on the back of the grill is a pair of sockets that will let you plug in your radio or anything else you need to power while grilling. In addition to this you also get an internal smoker box, full function side burner and rotisserie burner (but you have to buy the rotisserie kit for an additional $40), chill-able side table compartment, and a bottle opener.
This is a good sized grill and well made. The stainless steel is low grade and prone to discoloration and rust, but the assembly is pretty very good. While the fire box is pretty basic all those features add a lot to this grill, making it the ultimate gadget grill.
This is the 2008 version of this grill. The previous version was a better quality grill but to hit the same price Fiesta had to dumb this grill down. All in all this isn't a bad grill, it just isn't a great one either.
This grill has been recalled. Read the official recall notice at the CPSC website.
This grill has been recalled. Read More.