The Bottom Line
- Solid Cast Brass burners
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Large Cooking area
- Few features provided standard
- Reports of parts problems
- Limited quality stainless steel
- Three Cast Brass 15,000 Burners
- 45,000 BTUs from the main burners
- Dual wall lid provides good heat retention and insulation.
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush fitting cover
- Pull out tank drawer.
- Individual electronic igniters on every burner
- 500 square inches primary cooking area with a total grilling area of 756 square inches
- Enclosed cart
- Made by Nexgrill in China for Lowe's Jenn-Air licensed brand
Guide Review - Jenn-Air 45,000 BTU Gas Grill
First of all I need to clear up some confusion about this grill. The Jenn-Air name is being licensed by Lowe's, the exclusive seller of this grill. The grill itself is actually made by a company called Nexgrill (formerly Virco), who also makes grills for Target, Costco, and Sam's Club. Nexgrill doesn't appear to provide much support for its units and Jenn-Air won't answer questions regarding them.
Okay, having said that, this is a solidly build stainless steel grill, though I have noticed some problems with the welded seems on a few models. The gaps in the seams are not important and the overall design is quite good. What I like about this unit is the dual layer stainless steel hood that holds in heat and insulates the exterior from accidental burning. I also like the cast brass burners.
Cast brass burners are the best on the market because they last forever, hence the 99 year warranty on the burners. You'll never need that warranty. Cast brass also has great thermal properties.
This grill does have an optional rotisserie kit and standard side burner. The question you need to ask yourself, is the reputation of the maker important. You can get a similarly capable Gas Grill for about the same price from companies that will supply support and won't change their name anytime soon.