The Bottom Line
- Superior construction
- Fully integrated rotisserie system
- Part of a complete line of Outdoor Kitchen products
- Options drive up the price
- Three 27,500 BTU stainless steel U-shaped burners (one burner can be replaced with an optional infrared burner)
- 770 square inches of primary grilling space plus a 4 position warming rack
- 82,500 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 18,500 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with built in chain driven rotisserie motor
- 7,000 BTU dedicated smoker burner
- Two internal halogen lights
- Porcelain ceramic briquette barrier
- Complete 304 welded stainless steel construction
- Electronic Igniter
- Options include sear burner, side burners, refrigerator and much more
Guide Review - Alfresco LX2 42" Grill
This 42 inch gas grill is actually the mid sized unit of the Alfresco line and is available on a cart (with optional refrigerator inside) or as a drop in unit for custom outdoor kitchens. The attention to detail is extraordinary in this unit. Take, for instance, the rotisserie system. This grill has an 18,500 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner, flush mounted so that it doesn't interfere with the grilling space. The rotisserie motor is mounted below the grill and the rod is turned by an internal chain. The rod fits entirely inside the grill so there are no rotisserie gaps in the double wall hood. This means that while the grill has a full function rotisserie system without interfering with the function of the grill.
As with most grills of this quality the price can get pretty steep but this kind of grill doesn't come cheap. Starting at around $4,000 for the basic model on cart and goes up to nearly $10,000 for the model with all the bells and whistles (including the refrigerator).
On one last note, this grill uses ceramic briquettes to dispense heat and to protect the burners.