The Bottom Line
- Large grilling area
- Some high quality stainless steel parts
- Metal control knobs
- Limited construction quality
- Low BTU output for the size
- BBQTek has a poor reputation for support
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 576 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking area of 828 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU brass capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- On knob push and turn piezoelectric ignition
- 304 stainless steel good with powder coated end caps, other parts are powder coated steel
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in China by BBQTek, under the Bond name for Costco
Guide Review - Bond 5-Burner Gas Grill Model# GSC3218WA - Discontinued
Recently a partnership between Bond Outdoor Furniture company and BBQTek grills was formed and this is the first grill with the Bond name. BBQTek has produced many grills under store brand names like Perfect Flame and BBQ Grillware for Lowes. Thanks to Bond they have cracked into Costco.
What this grill offers is size. Being one of the largest 4-burner grills on the market the idea appears to be that bigger is better. In the past BBQTek has produced grills nearly this size but with 5-burners and more BTU output. Now, while BTU output isn't the most important factor when buying a grill, this one does seem to be underpowered for a standard gas grill. This probably won't greatly affect the performance, but you could be looking at longer preheat times.
Aside from the size this is a pretty basic grill. Coming with 4 main burners and a standard side burner you are not getting a lot of features out of this one. On the other hand this grill does have a 304 stainless steel hood section, making it one of the last grills in this price range to still use this expensive metal. Of course the rest of the grill is powder coated aluminum and steel so this small shiny piece is what's driving up the price, not necessarily the performance or quality of the grill.
I would have to recommend that considering the price, look for a smaller, better built grill.