The Bottom Line
- Solid stainless steel construction
- Large cooking area
- Five burner design
- Very limited customer support from either the manufacturer or Target
- Limited Warranty
- Problems with parts
- Solid 304-type stainless steel construction
- Five stainless steel burners deliver 48,000 BTUs
- 896 square inches of total cooking space with about 740 square inches of primary cooking space.
- Automatic ignition built into the control valves.
- Standard rotisserie kit, but no rotisserie burner.
- Standard 12,000 BTU side burner with cast brass burner.
- Comes with a free PVC cover.
- Stainless steel flame tamers, though they are thin metal
- 90 warranty from Target and a one year warranty from Nexgrill. This is a limited Warranty
Guide Review - Nexgrill Stainless Steel - Discontinued
At about $550 this is one of the least expensive of all Stainless Steel grills on the market. It is also one of the largest Stainless Steel grills you'll find in this price range. With five burners at 48,000 total BTUs, it offers good heating and the tubular stainless steel burner design gives good even heating. Users have reported good heat and great searing power. However, I have several reservations about this grill.
Manufactured by Nexgrill this unit is similar to the Jenn-Air Stainless Steel grills sold exclusively through Lowe's. The Lowe's Grills have the benefit of solid cast brass burners while this Target unit has stainless steel. Nexgrill is also the manufacturer of gas grills sold through Costco. This was all revealed during last years recall of several Nexgrill units.
Okay, so what's wrong with this grill. The solid stainless steel construction seems good with welded seams, but I've noticed gaps in some of the seams where gaps shouldn't happen. Also, several people who have purchased this grill have noticed missing, mislabled or bad parts. Now while these things happen and no one comments when this doesn't happen, those who have have, have had problems getting the parts straightened out. This is what you should consider the main problem with this grill. If you have problems you should be able to get help.
I have had reports of fires associated with this grill. Beware.