The Bottom Line
- Solid, attractive construction make it sturdy and nice to look at
- High, even heating provides for a wide variety of grilling techniques
- Good support from the manufacturer
- BTU rating is a little low for the size
- Weber name means more money
- Three 12,000 BTU tubular stainless steel burners
- 424 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 611 square inches
- 36,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side table mounted side burner
- 304 stainless steel and cast aluminum construction
- Stainless steel hood with cast aluminum end caps and center mounted thermometer
- Highly adjustable control valves
- Stainless steel cooking grates and flavorizer bars
- Fold up work tables
- Enclosed cart with two caster and two large wheels
Guide Review - Weber Genesis Platinum C - Discontinued
Weber builds grills that are among the most recommended in the world. Their wide availability make them very popular as does their consistently high quality of manufacturing. This Weber grill is an attractive unit of stainless steel and painted cast aluminum. The lid is a heavy dual layer stainless steel piece, the body is painted cast aluminum and the frame is welded stainless steel. Welded steel is much better than the riveted or bolt frames on many lower quality grills. Apart from the looks, the Weber burner system provides good heat distribution that eliminates hot and cold spots. The three burner configuration gives you the ability to grill indirectly or to have a hot sear zone while having a cooler grilling area. Control on this grill is very good because of its highly adjustable valves.
The Genesis Platinum C offers 36,000 BTUs from its three burners under a primary cooking area of 424 square inches. While this is a little low for a grill of this size the efficient design generates more heat with less fuel than many other grills. If you want to sear a steak you'll probably have to use all three burners on high after preheating for about 10 minutes. This unit also comes standard with a 12,000 BTU side burner.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a years. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.