The Bottom Line
- Sturdy Construction make it durable
- Reliable even heating
- Many great features available.
- Small Size
- May not provide a high heat
- 26,000 BTUs total from the two main stainless steel burners
- Porcelain-enameled "flavorizer-bars" burn off grease and protect the burners
- Push button igniter
- 350 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 528 square inches
- Porcelain-enameled lid
- Slide out bottom grease catcher for easy cleaning
- Cast aluminum body
- Swing up work area
Guide Review - Weber Genesis Silver A Gas Grill
This is the smallest and least expensive of the Weber Genesis Grills. While it is well built, has very even heating and many accessories are available, this grill is small for the price (about $500 retail) with about 350 square inches of primary cooking space. If you are looking for a quality grill but don't need a lot of space then this is the perfect grill.
This grill has all the usual Weber features from their high quality stainless steel burners to the "flavorizer-bar" grease vaporizer to the basic look and feel of a Weber. The one thing you might be concerned with is that some people claim this grill can't deliver the heat. The 26,000 BTUs delivered by its two main burners sounds low, but considering the smaller size of the box it's not too low. If its very important to you to have a very hot grill you might want to look elsewhere.
Weber ranks amongst the best grills on the market and you pay for that quality and the 24/7 support. This is a basic grill that won't give you a lot of versatility but it will give you dependable performance for many years to come and with a good warranty you'll be able to keep it fixed up and working like new long than most grill last.