The Bottom Line
- Solid, attractive construction make it sturdy and nice to look at.
- High, even heating provides for a wide variety of grilling techniques.
- It's a Weber. Great Support.
- Weber name means it costs more.
- BTU rating is a little low for the size
- Three 12,000 stainless steel tubular burners in parallel configuration
- 424 square inches of primary grilling space and a total cooking area of 611 square inches.
- 36,000 BTU total output with good heat retention providing more heat for less BTUs
- Stainless steel "Flavorizer Bars" greatly reduces flare-ups and channel grease away from burners
- Quick and easy assembly
- 304 stainless steel hood and handle will last a long time and retain their appearance.
- Excellent grease management system gets grease out of the grill, reducing flare-ups
- Accurate hood mounted thermometer
- Thick, cast aluminum body
- Built in LP fuel gauge
Guide Review - Weber Genesis Gold B - Gas Grill Review
Weber builds grills that are among the most recommended in the world. Their wide availability make them very popular as does their consistently high quality of manufacturing. This weber grill is an attractive unit of stainless steel and painted black. The lid is a heavy dual layer stainless steel piece, the body is black painted cast aluminum and the frame is welded steel. Welded steel is much better than the riveted or bolt frames on many lower quality grills.
Apart from the looks, the weber burner system provides good heat distribution that eliminates hot and cold spots. The three burner configuration gives you the ability to grill indirectly or to have a hot sear zone while having a cooler grilling area. Control on this grill is very good because of its highly adjustable valves.
The Genesis B offers 36,000 BTUs from its three burners under a primary cooking area of 424 square inches. While this is a little low for a grill of this size the efficient design generates more heat with less fuel than many other grills. If you want to sear a steak you'll probably have to use all three burners on high after preheating for about 10 minutes.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a years. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.