The Bottom Line
- Solid 304 welded stainless steel construction
- Two infrared searing burners
- Dual infrared rotisserie burner
- Large cooking area
- Ceramic/stainless steel barrier can generate flare-ups
- Longer than normal preheat times
- Thin materials
- Six cast stainless 10,000 BTU main burners
- Two 12,000 BTU infrared main burners for searing
- 1,100 square inches of total cooking area
- 84,800 BTU total output from the main burners
- Two rear mounted infrared rotisserie burners
- Welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Ceramic tile and stainless steel barrier
- Full width stainless steel drip tray
- On knob piezoelectric igniters
- Side Burner optional
Guide Review - Barbeque's Galore Grand Turbo 52-Inch Gas Grill
Barbeque's Galore is the worlds first franchised grill store. They are a big company who imports grills primary made in China for the Australian and American market. It is an Australian company. The model of the Grand Turbo is the largest and most expensive of their products. This grill comes in natural gas and propane, on cart or as an insert, and with a number of options like side burners.
This model features eight burners, six standard and two infrared. This gives you over 80,000 BTUs to heat the more than 1,000 square inches of total cooking space. You also get two rear mounted infrared rotisserie burners so you can cook up four or five chickens at a time. The infrared primary burners give you an intense, high heat for searing and cooking steaks, while the more than ample space over the standard burners will allow you to grill up a couple dozen burgers. If you really need a big grill, this is about as big as they get and at around $2,500USD far less money than the high end stainless steel grills on the market.
The one problem with this grill, common to most Barbeque's Galore grills, is that the ceramic/stainless steel barrier that sits inches below the grates tends to catch grease. Flare-ups can be a problem with this grill, but with this much space you'll have plenty of room to move foods around.