The Bottom Line
- Unique design reduces parts but gives wide versatility
- Convection firebox eliminates the need for rotisserie system
- Temperature probe tells you when food is cooked
- High quality internal components
- Efficient design reduces fuel consumption
- Limited cooking space for the size due to the cooking system
- One stainless steel adjustable 30,000 BTU burner
- 301 square inch grilling area for a total cooking area of 600 square inches
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the single burner
- 304 stainless steel construction and internal components with a cast iron sear plate
- Convection baffle for even heating
- Built-in temperature probe
- Uses patented Cook Number cooking system with 10 temperature settings
- Double walled hood
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
Guide Review - The Outdoor Greatroom Company Cook Number 36-Inch Stainless Steel Gas Grill
Start by moving the single, movable burner to the sear setting and preheating the grill. This puts the burner under a heavy, cast iron sear plate in the back of the grill. With the grill heated and the sear dial turned to high, put the steaks on the sear dial. After 90 seconds per side you switch the grill from sear to grill, insert the temperature probe and move the steaks to the open grill area. Adjust the Cook Number dial to your desired doneness (rare to well) and wait for the grill to beep.
Whether you need to sear the food or not, the grill is designed to be fool-proof and to tell you the truth, it is. It takes a little getting used to, but this grill gives you all the convenience of any modern appliance.
What you sacrifice for this is a limited grilling area for the size of the grill. Since the sear plate uses up a good portion of the primary grilling space you won't get the space you would without it. Of course if this system sounds right for you then this is a grill to consider.
The internal components of this grill are all 304 stainless steel and very durable. The body is also 304 stainless steel and is a durable, dependable product. This grill typically runs around $1,800 to $2,200USD.