The Bottom Line
- Solid construction of durable parts
- Weber support
- Efficient heat output for high, even heating
- Dual layer hood
- Large cooking area
- Very limited workspace (side tables)
- Some stainless steel may not be best quality
- Three 14,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 507 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 637 square inches
- 42,000 total BTU output from the main burners
- Electronic, push button cross over ignition
- Thermometer built into the hood
- Stainless steel side tables
- Constructed of cast aluminum and 304 stainless steel
- Built in LP fuel gauge
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Made in the United States by Weber
Guide Review - Weber Genesis S-310 - Discontinued
Weber builds grills that are among the most recommended in the world. Their wide availability make them very popular as does their consistently high quality of manufacturing. This Weber grill is an attractive unit of stainless steel and painted black. The lid is a heavy dual layer stainless steel piece with a cast aluminum fire box. The frame is welded steel and very strong. Welded steel is much better than the riveted or bolt frames on many lower quality grills.
Apart from the looks, the Weber burner system provides good heat distribution that eliminates hot and cold spots. The three burner configuration gives you the ability to grill indirectly or to have a hot sear zone while having a cooler grilling area. Control on this grill is very good because of its highly adjustable valves.
The Genesis S-310 offers 42,000 BTUs from its three burners under a primary cooking area of 507 square inches. While this is a little low for a grill of this size the efficient design generates more heat with less fuel than many other grills. This unit should reach maximum temperature in less than 10 minutes and can easily sear.
The biggest gripe with this grill is the almost complete lack of work space. With the control valves consuming most of the right side table this leaves you with only the left side to work with. There's just enough space to put down a normal sized plate and nothing else. Flip up tables (like older models) would certainly be nice.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a years. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.