The Bottom Line
- Full Feature Grill
- Includes rotisserie burner but not the rotisserie kit
- Thin, lightweight construction
- Low grade stainless steel construction
- Five 12,800 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 620 square inches of primary cooking area for a total grilling space of 840 square inches
- 64,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU ceramic infrared side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 8,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner. Rotisserie kit not included
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- On knob piezoelectric ignition
- 430 series stainless steel construction
- Propane tank, cover, and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Manufactured in China by Char-Broil for Sears' Kenmore Brand
Guide Review - Kenmore 5-Burner Stainless Steel Gas Grill Model# 464224010
This is one of these big, shiny grills that look great on the showroom floor. With infrared side burner, rotisserie burner and a huge cooking area this looks like the perfect grill for someone who wants to show off. Unfortunately the limited quality of the stainless steel and the thin materials used to construct this grill means it will not lost long and will loose its great appearance even faster.
If I were to go to all the expense of putting in an infrared rotisserie burner on a gas grill, especially one costing around $800USD, I would include the rotisserie kit (rod and forks). Unfortunately Sears (or Char-Broil) didn't include it with this grill so in addition to the full price of this grill (you can get it on sale for around $700 some of the time) you will have to pay another $35USD for the rotisserie kit (and another $30 for the propane tank). This is just one of the shortsighted thinking that goes into putting a big shiny gas grill on the floor or a Sears showroom (or the floors of a lot of stores these days).
This Kenmore gas grill, built by Char-Broil in China has all the bells and whistles. You get a five burner grill with side sear burner, rotisserie burner, and a large enclosed cabinet. It's actually hard to think of what else could be added to this grill. Unfortunately to put all these features on this grill come at the cost of quality materials. If you don't believe me grab hold of the lid on the side burner unit. Lift and twist. See how it bends? That's the solid quality of this $800USD gas grill.
Sears Item# 07116649000.