The Bottom Line
- Large, full function gas grill
- Good quality stainless steel construction
- Low BTU output for the size
- Relies on thin metal and limited quality to achieve its price
- More emphasis on appearance than cooking abilities and quality
- Long term parts availability is unknown
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 575 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking space of 896 square inches
- 48,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- One 12,000 BTU side burner
- One 10,000 BTU infrared rear mounted rotisserie burner with full rotisserie system included
- Double walled hood with center mounted thermometer
- Large storage area with two pull out drawers
- Push and turn igniters on each control knob
Guide Review - Glen Canyon 48,000 BTU Stainless-Steel Gas Grill
Just to be up front, this stainless steel gas grill is made in China by Nexgrill under contract to Home Depot who owns the Glen Canyon name. This is a store brand grill. Primary support for this grill is provided by Home Depot.
While the construction quality of this grill came second to its appearance and features, this is actually a pretty good gas grill. I'm not saying its worth the $1,200USD price tag, but taken care of it should last for many years. This grill offers a lot of space at nearly 900 square inches of total cooking area, but is limited in its BTU output. While it certainly can reach good grilling temperatures, the highly vented space doesn't make it very efficient and preheat times are longer than normal.
Standard with a 12,000 BTU side burner (a little light for this grill) and a full rotisserie system including rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner, this is a full function grill. There isn't a lot you won't be able to do with this grill, just make sure you keep it clean and covered.
If you want a great looking grill, this is certainly that. If you want a great cooking grill, it isn't.