The Bottom Line
- Very good Cast Brass Side Burner
- Good BTUs for the size
- Lowe's Support
- Much of the stainless steel isn't really stainless steel
- Poor cart construction
- Poor quality stainless steel main burners
- Plastic control knobs
- Five 12,000 stainless steel burners (poor quality)
- 60,000 BTU from the main burners
- 600 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 735 square inches of grilling space
- Individual electronic igniters
- High quality 12,000 BTU cast brass side burner
- Propane tank not included
Guide Review - Great Outdoors Pinnacle 5-Burner Gas Grill
This Great Outdoors grill available at Lowe's is designed to fit between the Stainless Steel Jenn-Air and low quality Char-Broil grills. It is the high end unit of the Great Outdoors line of gas grills. It has a nice shiny hood and enclosed cabinet space, but these materials are either not stainless steel of the kind of stainless steel that rusts. Similarly the stainless steel burners are very light weight and won't last long. On the surface, the stainless steel cooking grates are heavy and the side burner has a very good cast brass burner. However looking at it from inside and from the back the construction quality just isn't there.
The five 12,000 BTU burners put out a pretty good heat for the 600 square inches, but the thin metals and poor cooking chamber design can't do too much with this heat. The heavy stainless steel cooking grates are good (not great). At about than $500 you really should be getting a better cooking system than this grill provides. However, Lowe's has been good at supporting it's products.
I really find it puzzling that this grill would have good features like individual ignitors, that really good side burner and yet has such bad burners. At the same time this grill has plastic control knobs designed to look shiny from a distance.