The Bottom Line
- Complete Stainless Steel Construction
- 24/7 Support provided by Weber
- Attractive Design
- Good BTUs for the size
- Lightweight components limit durability
- High ventilation design gives limited indirect grilling
- Poor Side burner design
- Five lightweight 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners give 60,000 total BTUs.
- 600 square inches of primary cooking space with a total area of 832 square inches
- 12,000 BTU cast aluminum side burner under a flush cover on the cart and not the side table
- 10,000 BTU infrared rear mounted rotisserie burner
- Full rotisserie kit standard
- Individual electronic igniters on every burner
- Total stainless steel construction
- Enclosed propane tank storage with a slide out tray
- Slide out drip pans
- Warranty and support provided by Weber who owns Ducane but built under license for Home Depot
Guide Review - Ducane 32" Stainless Steel 60,000 BTU Gas Grill at Home Depot
In the push to put out complete stainless steel grills for a low price comes this grill sold exclusively though Home Depot. This unit has design input from Weber who now owns Ducane, but it was built under a contract in China. This grill is designed for the consumer who doesn't look too deep but wants an full function gas grill. This grill is superior to its smaller three burner sibling.
This Ducane comes standard with a covered side burner, full rotisserie kit with a rear mounted infrared burner, pull out drip pan, slide out propane tank rack and a thermometer in the hood. The three stainless steel burners put out 60,000 BTUs under 600 square inches of primary cooking space. This is an attractive unit that will sell very well. Its greatest asset is the full 24/7 support and warranty provided by Weber. You shouldn't have any problems getting replacement parts for this unit, but make sure that you've read the limited warranty.
The downfall of this grill is the lack of weight in the components. The burners are low gauge stainless steel. The body and hood are thin and the unit has loads of vents to let out heat so indirect grilling will be limited. The unit will not hold heat for long after the burners are off. Because of the light weight components, they may not last more than a few years before you need to replace them. The best component in the unit are the very heavy 3/8 inch rod stainless steel cooking grates. These should last a long time.