The Bottom Line
For around $200USD you get a large, 4-burner gas grill with porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates and a 12,000 BTU side burner. Constructed of a mixture of stainless steel and black powder coated steel this is a pretty impressive grill for the price. Unfortunately this is also another of the "you get what you pay for" grill. Thin metals, lightweight materials, plastic parts, and poor construction limit the life expectancy of this grill greatly. My recommendation is to look for something smaller and will less features at this price point.
- Good heat output for the size
- Large size and well featured for the price
- Not very sturdy construction
- Low quality stainless steel parts
- Thin, lightweight materials
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 487 square inches of primary cooking space for a total grilling area of 667 square inches
- 48,000 BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted lid
- Electric (AA battery) push button ignition
- 400 series stainless steel and powder coated steel construction
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Plastic control knobs, hand connectors and door knobs
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Imported from China by Nexgrill exclusively for Lowes' Grill Master Brand
Guide Review - Grill Master 4-Burner Gas Grill Model #720-0697
Grill Master is another Lowes' store brand gas grill imported from China. This line has only recently been introduced an this is its first grill. Imported by Nexgrill, this is a basic 4-burner gas grill with side burner. It is constructed of low grade stainless steel, but most of the body is black powder coated steel. For the price, around $200USD it is a large grill and well featured. The 12,000 BTU side burner is a nice addition and the porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates would help give you a good sear if they had and mass to retain heat. In this price range you can not expect a lot of performance or durability and this is one grill that will live up to that expectation.
When it comes to gas grills Lowes and Nexgrill do not have the best reputations. Lowes' brand grills have seen more recalls in recent years than any other store and Nexgrill is known for limited customer service. This is one of those grills with no one to really stand behind it or really care how well it performs or lasts. Does that really sound like the kind of gas grill you want to buy?