The Bottom Line
- Attractive stainless steel design
- Full featured grill with side burner and rotisserie
- High BTU output
- Large amounts of low quality stainless steel
- Poor overall construction with pop-rivet assembly
- Many plastic parts
- Thin metal throughout
- Five 13,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 558 square inches of primary grilling space for a total grilling area of 760 square inches
- 65,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner
- 12,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Single electronic igniter
- 304 stainless steel outer hood piece, cooking grates and burners
- 430 stainless steel on all other parts
- Plastic knobs and handle connections
- Enclosed cart
Guide Review - Amana Premium 33-Inch Gas Grill by SureHeat
This is another stainless steel grill that looks good if you don't look deep. For around $550 USD you get a five burner grill with high BTU output, side burner and full rotisserie system including a rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner. The size and features are sure to make this a popular grill. Unfortunately the quality of construction and materials is lacking.
Only the outer skin of the hood, cooking grates and burners are quality 304 stainless steel. Everything else is low quality 430 stainless steel or plastic. The means that you will have a hard time retaining the appearance of this grill. Also, much of the body and cart are made with steel pop-rivets, prone to rusting and failure. This is a grill designed to look good, but not last. In my opinion it is a shame, because this grill is designed well, just not made well.
Amana has nothing to do with the support of these grills and you can not return it to Target, the exclusive seller. If you purchase this grill and have problems you will need to contact SureHeat directly. Sureheat is a good company and has excellent support, but imagine trying to return this grill when you can't just drop it off. This grill is made in SureHeat's Chinese factory.
SureHeat also makes a line of Amana Gas Grills for the independent vendors that are complete 304 stainless steel and much better construction. Best part is that they don't cost a lot more.