The Bottom Line
- Solid Cast Brass burners
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Large Cooking area
- Individual burner ignitors
- Limited quality Stainless Steel used in construction
- Some units have had problems with welds and seams
- Exclusive distribution
- Could use a few more BTUs for the size
- Five cast brass 12,000 BTU burners (some units have a dedicated infrared sear burner)
- 60,000 BTU total output
- Dual wall lid provides good heat retention and insulation
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush fitting cover on the cabinet and not the side table
- Pull out tank drawer
- Individual electronic igniters on every burner
- 700 square inches of primary grilling area for a total of 1064 square inches of cooking area
- Rotisserie burner and standard rotisserie kit
- Enclosed cart with large wheels for easy moving
Guide Review - Jenn-Air 60,000 BTU 5 Burner Gas Grill
This is the largest grill in the Jenn-Air line sold exclusively through Lowe's Home Improvement stores. Lowe's licensed the Jenn-Air name from Maytag and then contracted Nexgrill, a Chinese grill manufacturer, to produce the grills. After several problems with support and parts last year, it appears that this grill is finally ready for distribution. There is even a dedicated phone line for support that answers "Jenn-Air". Although people still report service problems.
This five burner gas grill has some really nice features. The cast brass burners are guaranteed for lifetime and this unit comes with a full rotisserie set up, including rear mounted rotisserie burner. It also has a 12,000 BTU side burner mounted on the cabinet and not the side table. The total stainless steel construction is attractive and the large wheels make this unit pretty easy to move. It also has a nice, large enclosed cart with slide out propane tank holder.
Barring any support issues that might creep up on this grill, like many stainless steel units under $2,000, a lower quality and gauge stainless steel was used to build it. The welded seams are prone to rusting and the highly vented design limits indirect grilling and means the unit won't hold heat very long. If you keep it covered and clean then this grill should last for a long time and not lose it's finish every fast.
This is a big and impressive looking grill. It was designed for that. How it cooks was a secondary consideration.