The Bottom Line
- High heat output
- Good temperature control
- Full feature rotisserie system included
- Multi-layer and reversible cooking grates
- Large amount of plastic construction
- Thin cast aluminum body
- 40,000 BTU Stainless Steel dual control "8"-shape main burner
- 400 square inches of primary cooking space with a total of 635 square inches
- 15,000 BTU stainless steel rear mounted rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit included
- Three multi-level porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel "Flav-R-Wave" vaporization barrier
- Cast aluminum, 304 stainless steel, and epoxy painted steel construction
- Piezoelectric rotary ignition
- Fully enclosed cart
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in Canada by Onward Manufacturing Company
Guide Review - Broil King Crown 70 Gas Grill
Broil King (a brand of Canadian based Onward Manufacturing) has been associated with some of the best quality gas grills on the market for many years. These cast aluminum grills are classics with impressive design and technology. Recently Broil King has updated the look of their grills while keeping the price in line with lower costing grills. This makes these grills a great value for your grilling money.
The Broil King Crown grills (models 20, 40, 70 and 90) are at the lower end of the Broil King price range but still built with superior quality. At the heat of this two cooking zone grill is the super infinity-8 burner. This dual control 304 stainless steel burner delivers even heat at high temperatures. This unit can pump out a lot of heat, get hot quickly and with the porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates put some serious sear on anything you want to grill.
All the features of this grill are built for performance. If you are serious about grilling you really can't go wrong with a Broil-King and this model is priced great.
This model comes with a heavy duty rotisserie kit and rear mounted rotisserie burner. This is not the infrared rotisserie burner popular on many other grills, but a standard gas burner focused forward to give you all the advantages of a rotisserie burner without the problems of some of the infrared units. This burner can be easily removed if you need to. The heavy duty rotisserie kit will let you load two chickens on it at once so you can definitely cook plenty of food on this unit.
On the down side, many of this grills parts are molded plastic and while this doesn't limit the durability of the grill it does give it a "cheaper", lightweight feel. Of course for a grill around $600USD you can't ask for too much.