The Bottom Line
- Dual-Tube 304 stainless steel tubular burners for even heat
- Full feature rotisserie system included
- Solid construction with durable components
- Linear flow control values give you great control
- Plastic knobs and handles
- Some thin metal body parts
- Low powered side burner
- Three 12,500 BTU Dual-Tube stainless steel burners
- 500 square inches of primary cooking space with a total of 700 square inches
- 50,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- 15,000 BTU rear mounted stainless steel rotisserie burner with full kit included
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel side burner under flush mounted cover
- Heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Cast aluminum and porcelain coated steel construction
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Made in the USA by Onward Manufacturing Company of Canada
Guide Review - Huntington Forge Gas Grill
In 2009 Onward Manufacturing Company purchased a factory in Huntington, IN and quickly converted it to making gas grills. This is the first of those American made grills to hit the market. There will be more. Like their other lines of grills, most notably Broil-King this grill has excellent construction and a number of great features. Of course one of the biggest marketing points of this grill is where it is made.
This grill features a couple of the best features of Broil-King grills. First is the dual-tube stainless steel burners. These specially designed burners create even heating by maintaining constant gas pressure front to back. Something other tubular burners can't do. This grill also has the linear flow control valves that give you great control over temperature.
Packed onto this grill is also a standard side burner, though at 10,000 BTUs it isn't going to produce a lot of heat. Great for warming up a small saucepan or maybe frying a couple of eggs, but it will take a long time to bring a large pot of water to a boil. You also get a full rotisserie system including the spit and forks and a rear mounted rotisserie burner. This is not an infrared burner, but this one works just as well and isn't as fragile as many of the ceramic IR burners.
I have to wonder how long this grill will be at this price. These grills just hit the market this year and I have to think that this might be more of an introductory price. Only time will tell when the price of this grill will go up, but I believe that it is inevitable that it will.