The Bottom Line
- Complete 304 Stainless Steel Construction
- Full feature gas grill
- Built-in Grill lights
- Infrared Sear Burner has had quality issues
- Relies on thin metal and limited quality to achieve its price
- Rotisserie rod and forks sold separately
- Four 13,000 BTU 304 stainless steel burners
- 560 square inches primary cooking area with a total grilling area of 896 square inches
- 52,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Dual wall lid provides good heat retention and insulation
- 15,000 BTU infrared side burner under a flush mounted lid
- 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner. Rotisserie kit extra
- Individual electronic igniters on every burner
- Two internally mounted halogen lights
- Cover, rotisserie kit, and propane tank sold separately
- Sold exclusively through Lowe's Home Improvement Stores. Imported by Nexgrill from China.
Guide Review - Jenn-Air 52,000 BTU Model #720-0337 - Discontinued
First of all this grill is a Lowe's store brand grill. They licensed the name Jenn-Air and hired Nexgrill of China to make it. While Lowe's pushed the Jenn-Air name, they had nothing to do with this grill and do not support it. Support is provided by Lowe's Stores. Do not buy this grill because of it's name. Support for these grills has been improved since these grills where introduced in 2004.
There have been a lot of problems with support for this line of grills in the past. Recently Nexgrill has introduced a new line of support (basically a subsidiary company) that is supposed to be helping with this problem, though issues seem to persist.
This grill gives you a good deal of power from four stainless steel burners at a total of 52,000 BTUs under about 560 square inches of primary cooking space. You also get a unique infrared side burner (out from under the main hood). This sear station burner is a nice feature, but several people have reported problems with the ceramic tile breaking, but Nexgrill has been replacing the broken parts.
You will also get a 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner. There isn't a great deal of space between the rod and the burner on this rotisserie layout so no turkeys for you, but most items will work fine
Get inside this grill and you find thin, poorly assembled pieces at the heart of this grill. Add to that the service issues and this is one grill I would hesitate to buy. This grill has good features and is well made, but for $1,000 more attention should have been placed on the construction than on all the gadgets.