The Bottom Line
- Independent infrared and standard gas grills
- Made from low quality materials including 430 stainless steel
- Many plastic parts
- Dual head gas grill with one 36,000 BTU standard grill and one 15,000 BTU infrared grill
- Standard grill side has three 12,000 BTU standard burners
- Infrared side is one 15,000 BTU ceramic infrared burner for searing
- 782 square inches of total cooking space - 544 primary grilling space
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate on the infrared side and porcelain coated stamped steel on the standard side
- Constructed primarily of low grade stainless steel and stainless steel colored steel
- On knob piezoelectric igniters
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit and cover sold separately
- Made in China by Lucas Innovations (BBQTek) for Wal-Mart stores
Guide Review - BBQTek Split Lid Gas Grill Model #SSS3416TB
This gas grill gives you a standard 3-burner grill and a dedicated infrared sear burner. This is a good configuration since you can separate your searing from your grill. This lets you do two things at the same time and reduces wear and tear on your ceramic infrared sear burner. This is important for this grill since these inexpensive infrared burners can crack under too much usage, particularly if a lot of grease or marinades are falling into the burner. Aside from this configuration this grill has no other standard features.
Unfortunately to get this feature in a grill this size for a price around $300USD there were a lot of cutbacks in quality. For instance the cooking grates on the standard grill side are simply stamped steel with a thin porcelain coating, basically a normal piece of sheet metal cut and shaped into a cooking grate and then painted with porcelain. This is typical of the internal components in this grill, simply not built to last or take much punishment.