The Bottom Line
- Complete 304 Stainless Steel Construction
- Full feature gas grill
- Attractively design grill island unit
- Relies on thin metal and limited quality to achieve its price
- More emphasis on appearance than cooking abilities and quality
- Rotisserie rod and forks sold seperately
- Three 13,000 BTU Stainless Steel burners. One 23,000 BTU infrared main burner
- 560 square inches primary cooking area with a total grilling area of 869 square inches
- 62,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners (including IR burner)
- Dual wall lid provides good heat retention and insulation
- Two 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush fitting cover
- 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner. Rotisserie kit extra
- Twelve quart built-in ice chest with condiment storage space
- Island style construction with inlaid granite workspace
- Individual electronic igniters on every burner
- This is a natural gas grill
Guide Review - Jenn-Air 62,000 BTU Gas Grill
First of all this grill is a Lowe's store brand grill. They licensed the name Jenn-Air and hired Nexgrill of China to make it. While Lowe's pushed the Jenn-Air name, they have nothing to do with this grill and do not support it. Support is provided by Nexgrill. Do not buy this grill because of it's name. Support for these grills has been improved since these grills where introduced in 2004 but I still receive complaints about this company.
This unit is a full function grill island. It's good looking and will do most everything you might want. They left out the rotisserie kit, fuel tank and cover, but part of the reason for this isn't just being cheap, you might want to upgrade your accessories.
Anyway, the heart of this grill is a three standard stainless steel burner 39,000 BTU, with a 23,000 BTU infrared searing burner. You have about 420 square inches of normal grilling space and about 140 square inches of infrared grilling space. Plenty for most any gathering. The grill also comes with two 12,000 BTU side burners (under one lid) and a 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner. There isn't a great deal of space between the rod and the burner on this rotisserie layout so no turkeys for you.
The island has loads of storage space, a pull out tank storage area and a 12 quart ice chest with space to set up your condiments like a real professional. A part from the granite inlay pieces (decorative not functional) the entire grill is made out of 304 stainless steel (read The Truth about Stainless Steel. Of course at $1,500USD this really should be a great grill. You can really get fantastic grills at this price. This grill isn't fantastic.
Get inside this grill and you find thin, poorly assembled pieces at the heart of this grill. Add to that the service issues and this is one grill I would hesitate to buy.