The Bottom Line
- High BTU output for the size
- Unique infrared side burner
- Low quality stainless steel parts on the lower body
- Limited overall construction quality
- Rotisserie system not standard
- Five 13,000 BTU 304 stainless steel burners
- 558 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking area of 733 square inches
- 65,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Stainless steel and aluminum construction. 304 stainless on the hood and control panel
- 10,000 BTU infrared side burner
- Push and turn igniters on knobs
- Enclosed cabinet
- Available in natural gas
- Does not include cover, rotisserie or propane tank
- Imported exclusively for Lowe's by BBQTek (formerly Pyromagic)
Guide Review - Perfect Flame 5-Burner Gas Grill
The emphasis on stainless steel gives us grills like this one. The low quality stainless steel on this grill thin and not destined to last. The basic grill isn't bad, but would have benefited from better quality internal components and a stronger cart design. Instead we get stainless steel parts that don't have the quality to stand up to the elements and parts like the flimsy stainless steel burner tents that do little to distribute heat or even protect the stainless steel burners.
On the other hand this grill can't be called wimpy. The 65,000 BTUs from the main burners is a lot of heat (and a lot of fuel). In fact it is probably more than the grill really needs, suggesting that this grill was designed for the person looking for power versus quality. At around $500USD ($550USD natural gas) you can certainly get a better quality grill, but probably not this size or power. While the construction quality is a little low this isn't that bad of a grill for the money. Certainly something you should take a look at.
The one unique feature of this grill is the 10,000 BTU infrared side burner. This seems like a decent solution to the sear station burner, but won't be as effective as a traditional side burner.
Perfect flame is a store brand of Lowe's Home Improvement stores and made specifically for them by the same maker of BBQ Grillware grills.