The Bottom Line
- Large, full feature gas grill
- Attractive Design
- Constructed of low quality stainless steel
- Painted body parts can be easily scratched
- Lightweight burners and internal components
- Rotisserie motor permanently mounted under side table
- Five 12,000 BTU 304 stainless steel tubular burners
- 665 square inches of primary cooking space for a total grilling area of 926 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU brass capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 14,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit and "hidden" mountings
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Fully enclosed cart with side table drawer, internal propane tank mounting and fold out garbage can
- Painted steel body with 400 series stainless steel lid, front doors and other features
- Made by Brinkmann Corp. in China exclusively for Home Depot's Charmglow brand
Guide Review - Charmglow 5-Burner with Rotisserie Model #810-8550-S - Discontinued
By reducing the stainless steel used to make this grill, Brinkmann (the maker) can offer a full feature gas grill for a moderate price around $600USD. This grill boasts 5-burners for a total maximum output of 60,000 BTUs. Add in the side burner and full function rotisserie system with rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner.
Unfortunately the stainless steel used is low quality (400 series) stainless and the painted body can be easily scratched. This can cause issues of rusting, particularly in areas near the ocean. The burners are better quality stainless but the internal components are lightweight and may cause you problems down the road.
With the elevated side tables on this grill the rotisserie mountings and motor are mounted under the side tables. This "feature" is called a hidden rotisserie system. The awkward part of this setup is that you have to reach under the right side table (and side burner) to turn on the rotisserie motor.
While this isn't a bad grill you can certainly do better.