The Bottom Line
- Full feature gas grill
- Good heat output
- Made from low quality materials including 430 stainless steel
- Uneven heating
- Low quality construction
- Four 12,000 BTU 304 stainless steel tubular burners
- 475 square inches of primary grilling area for a total of 675 square inches of cooking space
- 48,000 BTU total output from main burners
- 12,000 BTU brass capped side burner, flush mounted under a lid
- 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electronic Ignition
- Body constructed from porcelain coated steel and cast iron and 430 stainless steel
- Made by Brinkmann in China exclusively for Home Depot
- Grill cover and propane tank sold separately
Guide Review - Charmglow 4-Burner Porcelain - Discontinued
This grill replaced the much higher quality Vermont Castings Premium.
When Home Depot ended it's relationship with Canadian based Vermont Castings they got Brinkmann to make them this similar looking gas grill which retails for the same price. While this grill has a full rotisserie system with 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared burner and a 12,000 BTU side burner the materials that make this grill are thin and of low quality. The only part of this grill that uses good quality stainless steel is the burners.
Be warned that Brinkmann offers very little real support. If a burner fails they may tell you that while the warranty includes burners, the burner isn't actually a burner, it's part of the frame and not covered. Also the warranty doesn't cover burners that rust out. I have had more complaints about Brinkmann Grills than any other unit.