The Bottom Line
- Solid construction
- Full feature grill for around $400
- Painted sheet metal won't rust until the paint cracks
- Limited manufacturer support
- Three stainless steel 13,000 BTU main burners
- One 10,000 BTU Infrared "sear" burner
- 476 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 610 square inches
- 45,000 BTU output from the three main burners plus infrared burner
- Unique 6,000 BTU infrared side burner flush mounted and covered
- 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit included
- Electronic igniter
- 304 stainless steel hood and accessory parts with mostly painted steel construction
- Full lined cover included
- Sold exclusively through Costco
Guide Review - Sureheat Tuscany 30 inch 4-Burner Gas Grill Model# SGR30MLP
For the past few years Costco has carried a Sureheat gas grill targeted around $400USD to $500USD. The idea was to put a full function (or nearly) gas grill on the floor. In years past this unit has been constructed entirely out of 304 stainless steel. This year Sureheat and Costco have introduced the Tuscany Gas Grill. This unit has little stainless steel comparatively. Instead this unit is made from steel sheet metal with a highly durable paint finish. This means you get more grill for the money.
The Tuscany grill is a four burner grill with one 10,000 BTU infrared sear burner and three standard stainless (304) steel tubular burners. It also has a very unique 6,000 BTU round infrared side burner. This unit gets away with a low BTU rating because it is infrared. While this burner does what any standard side burner will do, it is a very unique feature. The grill also has a full feature rotisserie system with a 10,000 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner. The grill is good sized at 476 square inches of primary cooking space. Remember that part of this area has an infrared sear burner under it. Under normal conditions you will not be using this area. This will give you about 350 square inches of standard cooking area.
You also get a good quality, full lined grill cover, which should help keep the paint from getting scratched. Of course that is the weakness of this unit. If the paint gets chipped or scratched rust will form on the metal underneath.
Well constructed with an attractive design and loads of features, this really is a good grill for the money. It may not last a decade but if you keep it covered and clean it should last you many years.