The Bottom Line
- Heavy Porcelain Coated Cooking Grates
- High BTU output for the size
- 304 stainless steel hood and control panel
- Good grease management
- Low quality stainless steel parts on the lower body
- Limited overall construction quality
- Rotisserie system not standard
- Cheap porcelain barrier
- Five 12,000 BTU 304 stainless steel burners
- 576 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking area of 733 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Stainless steel and cast aluminum construction. 304 stainless on the hood and control panel.
- Pretty good weight porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- 12,000 BTU side burner
- Push and turn igniters on knobs
- Enclosed cabinet
- Full width drip tray with two grease collection pans
- Available in natural gas
Guide Review - Perfect Flame 5-Burner 60,000 BTU (model #14103) Gas Grill Review
The emphasis on stainless steel gives us grills like this one. The low quality stainless steel on this grill is little more than decorative. The basic grill isn't bad, but would have benefited from better quality internal components and a stronger cart design. Instead we get stainless steel parts that don't have the quality to stand up to the elements and parts like the flimsy porcelain coated burner tents that do little to distribute heat or even protect the stainless steel burners.
On the other hand this grill can't be called wimpy. The 60,000 BTUs from the main burners is a lot of heat (and a lot of fuel). In fact it is probably more than the grill really needs, suggesting that this grill was designed for the person looking for power versus quality. At around $400USD ($450USD natural gas) you can certainly get a better quality grill, but probably not this size or power. While the construction quality is a little low this isn't that bad of a grill for the money. Certainly something you should take a look at.
Perfect flame is a store brand of Lowe's Home Improvement stores and made specifically for them by the same maker of BBQ Grillware grills.