The Bottom Line
- Large, full sized gas grill that can go anywhere your trailer hitch can
- Three burner design gives you great versatility
- Good tailgating grill
- A high BTU gas grill to run on portable propane bottles
- Okay patio grill
- Three 11,5000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- Primary cooking area of 406 square inches for a total grilling space of 540 square inches
- 34,500 total BTU output from the main burners
- Two stainless steel wire cooking grates
- Porcelain coated steel and stainless steel construction
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Runs on two 1-pound propane bottles
- Swing arm fits a standard 2-inch trailer hitch
- Two legs make this a stable and sturdy tailgating grill
- Made in China by Party King Grills LLC.
Guide Review - Party King Grills Swing 'N Smoke MVP-8400 Tailgate Grill
There are a couple of variations to this model but the MVP-8400 the most basic of the product line has the same grill and swing arm mounting (and umbrella stand). The grill is after all the most important part here and this grill is not unlike many of the gas grills you see in hardware stores these days. You get three stainless steel tubular burners, stainless steel vaporization barrier and a stainless steel/porcelain steel cooking chamber. These are all the features you would want on your backyard grill.
This grill gives you the option of running it on a pair of 1-pound disposable propane bottles. While the company says this can give you 2 to 3 hours of burn time depending on how hot you run the grill, if you are running it at full power you might not get a full hour out of it. At least that is based on the actual math. If you plan on grilling for long periods of time you will want to hook this gas grill up to a standard 20-pound tank.