The Bottom Line
- High quality stainless steel burners
- Even, versatile heating
- Heavy porcelain coated cooking grates
- Quality construction
- A basic grill for around $1,000USD
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 500 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 760 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Electric "Jetfire" ignition
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel, cast aluminum, and porcelain enameled steel construction
- Available in stainless steel and black enamel
- Cover, propane tank, and rotisserie sold separately
- Made in Canada by Napoleon Grills
Guide Review - Napoleon Prestige P500
At the heart of any good gas grill is the cooking system. Everything else is just cosmetics. Unfortunately, many grill makers put more flash and substance in their grills. Napoleon, like a small handful of companies makes a good grill. The high quality stainless steel burners produce a high, even temperature, while the porcelain coated cooking grates in the wave pattern give excellent heat contact.
Napoleon grills have excellent construction from high quality components. This is a grill on pare with grills by Weber or Broil-King.
Napoleon's Jetfire ignition is a small gas jet ignited by an electric spark that shoots a burst of flame over the burners. This causes a quick and dependable flame.
This version of the Napoleon Prestige is the most basic. For the loaded version take a look at the Napoleon Prestige P500RSIB.