The Bottom Line
The Napoleon Prestige P308RB is the smallest and most basic of the main line of Napoleon grills. You can get a side burner if you are willing to pay extra, but most people don't use side burners anyway. This grill does include a full rotisserie system with rear mounted infrared burner. For a around 800USD you get high quality construction and components in a small grill with a small footprint. Built to last, you really can't go wrong with this grill, unless you need to cook for a lot of people.
- High grade stainless steel cooking system
- Wave form cooking grates provide a large contact area for searing
- Quality construction
- Full function rotisserie system
- Fold down side tables are kind of a useless feature
- Three 9,666 BTU 304 tubular stainless steel burners
- 308 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 483 square inches
- 29,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 15,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit
- Porcelain coated wave shaped cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel, cast aluminum, and enameled steel construction
- Electronic (AA-battery) ignition
- Fold down side tables for reduced footprint
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in Canada by Napoleon Gourmet Grills
Guide Review - Napoleon Prestige P308RB
The Napoleon Prestige P308RB is a small but powerful grill with high quality stainless steel components and includes a full function rotisserie system. To really get an idea of the quality of the construction of this grill you need to dig into the firebox. The 16-gauge 304 stainless steel burners are comparable with the best grills on the market, including grills that cost considerably more than this one. Above the burners are 304 stainless steel vaporization bars the burn off grease and protect the burners. By this point you would already have noticed the cooking grates, heavy, porcelain coated cast iron grates with a wave pattern. These are solid, durable and able to transfer a great deal of heat. While you may think that the wave pattern is little more than a gimmick, what that pattern increases the surface area, giving you more contact with the food you are grilling.
You get similar quality with the rotisserie system. The 15,000 BTU infrared rear mounted rotisserie burner is powerful, but has a wide temperature range and high heat output so you can use it to get a sear on a roast, then turn it down for low and slow roasting. The best part is that Napoleon puts the burner on the grill and gives you the rotisserie kit to go with it. So many less expensive grills give you the burner, but then charge you extra for the rotisserie kit.
For around $800USD this is a small grill, which may or may not be an advantage, depending on your needs. The side tables fold down, though I doubt many will do this, to give you a small footprint for storage or for small spaces. If you want a larger cooking area, Napoleon makes them, but the cost goes up.