The Bottom Line
- Large, full featured gas grill
- Large, fold out workspace
- High heat output
- Comes with rotisserie burner, but rotisserie kit sold separately
- Low grade stainless steel construction
- Lightweight, poor quality internal components
- Limited customer support
- Five 12,000 BTU 430 stainless steel burners
- 576 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking area of 787 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU ceramic infrared side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 13,000 BTU rear mounted ceramic infrared rotisserie burner
- Stainless steel cooking grates
- Constructed of 430 stainless steel and enameled steel body parts
- Internal Halogen lights, dual layer hood, and fold out side table workspace
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit, and cover sold separately
- Made in China by Geo-Global Partners exclusively for Lowes' Master Forge Brand
Guide Review - Master Forge 5-Burner Stainless Steel Model# 3218LTN - Discontinued
This impressive grill is packed full of features. The five burner design will have you adjusting knobs all day and the infrared side burner can be used for searing steaks or heating a pot of water. The rear mounted, infrared rotisserie burner will make you go back to Lowes to buy a rotisserie kit (since it doesn't come standard with the grill). The fold up side table gives you plenty of room for preparing food, or just as an extra table. You get a slide out propane tank drawer to help your back. And you get internal lights and lighted control knobs for grilling in the dark. All this for the low, low price of $600USD. Really an impressive offer.
The high BTU output of the main burners makes you think that this grill is big and powerful. Unfortunately the BTUs are really a marketing effort, not a feature. To keep the grill from getting too hot (or actually hot enough) they include, at no extra cost, a large vent in the back of the grill to let heat out so that the hood of this grill doesn't discolor (even though it is a dual layer hood).
So what is the problem with this grill? Even at $600USD it is too much grill for the price. Quality has been cut back to give you this deal and that means that this grill will not last as long as a grill of this price should.