The Bottom Line
- Large, full featured gas grill for under $400USD
- Lightweight internal components
- Low grade stainless steel construction
- Long term support is an unknown
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 448 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 598 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 13,500 BTU side burner under a flush mounted hood
- Electric (AA-battery) igniter
- Lightweight stainless steel cooking grates
- 430 series stainless steel and powder coated steel construction
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in China exclusively for Lowes' Master Forge Brand
Guide Review - Master Forge 4-Burner Silver Model# 2518-3 - Discontinued
For around $380USD you get a big, 4-burner gas grill with a powerful side burner, wrapped entirely in shiny stainless steel. What you also get is the lowest grade of stainless steel you can buy that still looks shiny. So while this gas grill will look great on the showroom floor (as long as they are not storing them outside in the rain). I suggest that you take a picture of this grill when you buy it (and assemble it) and then compare it a few months later. I promise, you will notice a big difference.
The one interesting factor with this grill is the power. The main burners put out a lot of heat and even the side burner is more powerful than most. This sounds like a good idea and while this grill can heat up quickly and even reach high temperatures, the truth is that the manufacturer is over compensating for an inefficient design. The main burners need this extra power because the thin materials won't hold in heat.
All I can say about this grill is, don't buy it. If you did buy it, I'm sorry. I'll see you again in a year or two.