The Bottom Line
- Good heat output for the size
- Simple design without extras
- Lightweight internal components
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 484 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking space of 668 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Powder coated steel, cast aluminum, and stainless steel construction
- Small footprint with folding side tables
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit, and cover sold separately
- Imported from China by LG Sourcing exclusively for Lowes Home Improvement Stores
Guide Review - Master Forge 4-Burner Model# GD4833
The Master Forge 4-burner as Lowes for 2012 is a basic gas grill selling for around $270USD. It does not have a side burner, sear burner, rotisserie burner, or any other extra than being a basic gas grill. The construction is simple, and the footprint small. This is a good grill for the person who doesn't have a lot of space but wants a full sized grill. The side tables fold down to make it even smaller. All in all, a good design and a competent gas grill.
The construction of the internal components of this grill is typical of the kinds of grills that make their way on the the floors of mass market retailers, thin and lightweight. These parts are where you are going to have the most trouble. Kept clean and covered I would expect this gas grill to last longer than most at this price range, but don't be surprised to see corrosion inside within a year or two.