The Bottom Line
- Full feature grill with internal sear burner
- Poor quality infrared sear burner
- Thin, lightweight components
- Grease catcher is hard to remove
- Fasteners rust quickly
- Three 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners plus one 8,000 BTU internal ceramic infrared searing burner
- 493 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 667 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 13,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Three porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-battery) push button ignition
- 430 series stainless steel and powder coated steel constructio
- Propane tank, cover, and rotisserie kit sold separatel
- Made in China by Permasteel Hardware exclusively for Sears' Kenmore Brand
Guide Review - Kenmore 4-Burner Red with Sear Burner Model# PG-40402SOL - Discontinued
Sears carries a wide range of grills in many color and at many prices. You would think that this grill which lists for $350USD but is almost always on sale for $300USD would be a reasonable choice. Loaded with features but low in quality, this is yet another grill on the Sears floor to walk by.
This is a four burner gas grill with one ceramic type infrared burner in replacement of one of the standard internal burners. This gives searing space inside the grill but reduces the standard grilling space by 25%. The ceramic type infrared burner used in this grill is known to crack over time making it useless.
One of the things you will notice is that removing the grease pan in this grill, to clean it out, is not a simple process but requires you to dig inside to get it out and can make regular grill maintenance frustrating and mess. This is an obvious design flaw and something that would have been found if this grill wasn't rushed to market by a generic manufacturer.