The Bottom Line
- High quality construction
- Cast stainless burners will last for decades
- Dual zone rotisserie system
- Independent grilling sections
- Gigantic grill
- Very Expensive
- Four 30,000 BTU E-shaped cast stainless steel burners with four individual grilling areas
- 1,056 square inches of primary grilling space
- 120,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Two flush mounted 15,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burners with full kit included
- Wide range of side burner options including single standard, dual standard, and infrared sear burner
- 3,000 BTU internal smoker burner with wood chip tray
- 110 volt hot surface ignition, internal halogen lights, full powered rotisserie motor
- Electronic temperature display included timer, meat probe temperature gauge, grill temperature gauge
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction
- Made in the United States by R.H. Peterson Company
Guide Review - Fire Magic Diamond Series Echelon E1060S
The features on this gas grill are literally too many to mention, so I'll hit some of the impressive high points. This monster grill plugs in to power the internal halogen lights, angled to illuminate the entire grilling area. This also powers the rotisserie motor so you don't have to drag an extension cord to the grill every time you want to put a a chicken on the spit. The ignition of this grill uses what Fire Magic calls hot surface ignition. These tiny electric heat elements ignite the gas the second you turn the knob, and make sure that the burners stay lit, no mater what.
The fire box of this grill is divided into four separate cooking chambers, each with a 30,000 BTU cast stainless burner. One section can be turned up to high while the next section is turned as low as possible. Each section will stay in their temperature ranges because the heat is drawn straight up and won't cross the dividers. This also means that you get a much more efficient burn when you only have one burner on. With most gas grills it is difficult to reach searing temperatures without turning all the burners on at the same time. Because of the divide cooking chamber of the E1060S, you can with this grill.
The side burner space on this grill can be filled with a wide range of options, including a large single side burner for large pots, two smaller standard side burners so you can heat two pans at once, or a large infrared searing station. The choice is made when you purchase the grill.
New with the 2011 Diamond Series is the hood mounted window. This high temperature glass allows you to look inside the grill (remember it has internal lights) without opening the lid. This is a feature you used to see on gas grills 30 years ago, but that has disappeared from modern grills.
Overall, it is the construction that makes this grill stand out. The all welded 304 stainless steel construction is amongst the best in the industry. Fire Magic is renowned for their attention to detail and their continuous innovation. The Echelon E1060S is the the pinnacle of that, and truly an achievement in gas grill engineering.