This is a delicious way to season a halibut fillet. Try this dish with grilled tomatoes or eggplant.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 halibut fillets, about 6-7 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (to top grilled halibut)
To prepare paste: combine lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper into a paste. Spread paste on all sides of halibut fillets. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place fillets on grill and cook on direct high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until fish begins to flake. Turn once during cooking process. Remove fillets from the grill and drizzle each one with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil before serving.