Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
Yield: Serves 2
- 2 12-ounce whole trout, cleaned
- 1/2 cup/120 mL fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL olive oil
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- 1 untreated cedar plank large enough to fit the fish
Soak the cedar plank submerged in water for 1 hour. Preheat grill. Lightly coat inside and outside of each trout. Season inside with salt and pepper and stuff with lemon slices and dill. Place soaked cedar plank on grill over direct medium heat. When cedar plank starts to smoke place fish on plank. Grill for about 15 minutes or until the fish is done. The flesh should be opaque and plank easily. Remove from grill.
This trout makes a great smoked fish appetizer or spread. To make spread remove bones and skin from the meat and break the meat up and mix with cream cheese.