This smoked fish dip is one of my favorite appetizers to make. You will need to smoke the trout for about an hour to get that great smoke flavor into it. Blend it with the remaining ingredients and you'll have a great dip.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 pound smoked trout fillets
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
Combine smoked trout (broken into small pieces) with other ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve chilled with crackers.