Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 2
- 2 full chicken breasts
- At least 2 cups of fresh coarsely chopped cilantro (more the better!)
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 limes, juiced
- 3 oz of tequila (more if you want more tequila kick)
- 1 jalapeno (optional, more if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of honey
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
It is important to use as much cilantro and garlic as possible due to the water used to cover the chicken breasts. More is definitely better with this marinade. I sometimes will add some crushed red peppers to the marinade to get a blend of spice as it goes well with the jalapenos.
Well you got a bottle of tequila. What to do with the left over? Make a Vampiro. Its a great Mexican mixed drink.