The Bottom Line
- Large cooking area
- Works well as a grill and a smoker (with additional firebox)
- Good features
- Temperature control can be difficult
- 1000 square inches of cooking surface
- Heavy duty cast iron cooking grates
- Large wooden tray in front of smoker for use as a work table
- Adjustable coal great for better temperature control
- Optional firebox converts this grill to a smoker
Guide Review - Char-Griller Outlaw Charcoal Grill/Smoker
This unit doesn't have the kind of airflow control that will let you shut down and extinguish the coals like some units (like the Weber Kettle).
Add the optional firebox and you can turn this unit into a good smoker a lot of great features including a pull out ash tray for easy clean up.
This unit (and similar Char-Griller products) are found in a variety of stores. If you want a good grill but don't want to spend a lot track one of these units down.