The Bottom Line
- Extra large cooking area
- High precision air vents
- Versatile cooking abilities
- High quality construction
- An expensive charcoal grill
- 508 square inches of cooking area on a 26 3/4" cooking grate
- Stainless steel, hinged cooking grate
- Removable aluminum ash catcher with stainless steel fittings
- Roll top lid
- Aluminum vents
- Built in lid mounted thermometer
- Two charcoal baskets included for indirect grilling
- Tripod stand with two large wheels
- Porcelain enameled lid and body
Guide Review - Weber 26 3/4" One-Touch Gold
This big kettle is loaded with upgrades beyond the excellent construction of the Weber Kettle. The cooking grates on this one have the same dual hinge design that lets you get to the fire without lifting the grate, but these are made from heavy stainless steel rod to last a very long time. The lid on this unit is pretty heavy so Weber has taken the roll top (or as they call it Tuck Away) lid system off the Weber Performer and put it on this grill. What that means is that all you have to do is slide the lid back to get into this one. It also means you never have to put the lid on the ground and leave those round grease marks on your patio.
All in all if you have the money and you want a seriously big charcoal grill, then this is the unit for you. Fantastic cooking abilities like any Weber kettle, with great construction of durable parts and the space to cook for the largest parties make this a great grill.
This charcoal grills lists for $349USD but can typically be found for $299USD.