The Bottom Line
- Inexpensive 4-burner grill with side burner
- Low quality 430 stainless steel burners
- Lightweight construction
- Low BTU output for the size
- Low powered side burner
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 480 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 685 square inches of grilling space
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated stamped steel cooking grates
- 430 stainless steel hood with powder coated steel body and frame
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Porcelain coated steel barrier
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit and cover sold separately
- Made in China by Char-Broil exclusively for Lowe's Home Improvement Stores
Guide Review - Char-Broil 4-Burner Model #463440109 - Discontinued
At most of the big box stores there is a grill selling for around $200USD. This one at Lowes stores by Char-Broil is a large unit with 4 burners and a side burner. In truth there isn't much that makes it stand out. Constructed of powder coated steel with a 430 stainless steel lid and lightweight internal components this grill isn't built to last and will probably only serve you for a few years (3 at best).
The BTU output of this grill is good with the exception of the side burner. 10,000 BTUs is enough to heat a small saucepan but not large enough to do much else. The main burners can pump out as much at 48,000 BTUs with is good for a grill this size. The reason it has four burners isn't to give you extra versatility as much as it is to try and even out the heat and to make up for the lightweight porcelain coated stamped steel cooking grates.
One way to tell the lifespan of this grill is to look at the warranty (receipt required). You get 2 years on the burners and 1 year on everything else. Damage due to rust is not considered cause for a warranty claim. Lowes does offer an extended protection plan for an additional charge.